It’s been a solid month since we posted and I’m going to blame life for getting in the way. The last four weeks have been hectic to say the least. There have been cross-continental holidays, a birth, multiple interviews, final assignments and the frantic search for a job now that classes are over. It meant that for the last while this project has been put on the back burner for most of us, though it doesn’t mean we stopped working on it by any means.
During the two weeks all our final assignments were due I must confess, we relied on how solid our planning has been and how ahead we thought we were to relax on this project and focus on getting good grades. As they say, ‘The best laid schemes of mice and men.’
It was during this period I emailed over twenty people from our field to ask if they would be interested in being interviewed for our project as part of our research. Five responded. We conducted the interviews and started to realise how very much we had taken on. We’ve managed, through emailing as far as the United Kingdom, Australia, and the United States, to get eight people to be involved. This was unprecedented by us; I don’t think we considered how long or how difficult it would be. We still have yet to gain the amount of answers to our user survey we wanted, and have yet to send out the follow up questionnaire. The interviews, which have taken much longer than we anticipated, are being finished up this week and now it’s almost time for the stage we never thought we would reach.
In the words of Hanna ‘It’s time to build this darn thing!’